Saturday, August 02, 2008

This & That Part 2

You know when you get a taste for something and just can't get enough and want it eat it breakfast, lunch, and dinner? The other day I had Alapha-bit cereal for breakfast, and all day I was craving the alphabet so for supper I had Alphagetti.

Yesterday I got a free piece of Stride gum on my walk to work. It's supposed to last a really long time. My way of testing this is for Jeremy to eat a piece of Excel, while I eat my Stride gum. When we're sick of chewing gum we switch to see who's has more flavour left. Conclusion of experiment: they both still had flavour so it didn't really matter which lasted longer. Maybe people who like to chew for a very long time should try this sometime.

The other day I was looking at Concierge Connection to see what events were coming up. Then I saw Monster Jam. I'm not sure why, but I got this giddy 'omg I totally want to go' reaction. But wait, does that make sense? It's Monster Jam. Trucks running over other cars, doing tricks. That's weird, right? Matt said it was Strange and confirmed my suspicion. I left it for a couple days, and then while walking to the theatre with Jer last night I randomly asked him how he feels about Monster Jam. He said he's always wanted to go and got super excited to hear they were coming in January. Looks like I'm going to Monster Jam!

Speaking of theatre, we went to see Avenue Q last night. Matt and Martha both had seen it in NY and highly recommended it. People compared it to sesame street, except bad ass. I never watched it as a kid, so I didn't have much commitment to going while it was here in Toronto. At work Martha mentioned a sale through Travel Zoo for the first week of the show. I was very willing to sit in crappy seats for cheaper. By crappy, I mean practically the worst in the place. It was at Elgin theatre which I had never been to before, and was surprised that the seats were very decent, and the seats were comfy. I just realized now my ass didn't hurt once which is a thing of beauty. I can't remember the last time that's happened at a theatre. Anyway, back to my point of which I wholeheartedly agree that Avenue Q rocks. I loved it and definitely think it's worth full-price tickets.

The other tickets I've bought recently are for the So You Think You Can Dance tour, wheee!!!

Not too much else is new, other than a bunch of cooking. Last weekend Jer and I went to St. Lawerence market for fruit and stuff to make beef and broccoli stir fry. I love beef and broccoli from chinese restaurants so it was fun to make it at home. It turned out great, despite the fact it uses oyster sauce which kinda creeps me out. And now we know how to cut beef to make those thin squares. Then on Sunday we made crepes for the cityplace crew which was yummy and fun. This weekend we're going to Jer's quasi-family cottage and we're going to make crepes for them since it was fun the first time. Although there will be quite a few more people so it shall be interesting.

2 comments:

  1. you're going to see "so you think you can dance"?! JEALOUS!!

    remember the popper guy, robert, who decided to leave the auditions in vegas (he didn't even give them a chance to reject him)? he's in the new ikea commercials. i don't really like the girl who's with him in those commercials.. she looks sloppy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's also going to be at the Toronto buskerfest!

    ReplyDelete