Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Wedding bells

This past weekend was Justin and Monica's wedding. The ceremony was really nice and they both looked amazing. Mon changed a couple times during the reception and each dress was gorgeous. The flower girl and the ring barer were so cute! When the ring barer started walking too fast the flower girl put her arm out to stop him, then they continued along. The Father's speech was a little questionable and it wasn't really related to marriage. It was mostly about how electronics have taken over and how people should take time away from them or something. Meh, I like my gadgets.

The reception was really nice. I was amused by the wedding memento. Everyone got a poem in a frame and mine said: "I promise you as a lover and a friend; I will love you like I never love again; With everything I am". How sweet of Justin to give me a love poem! Too bad he is married now, otherwise how could I resist?? hehe

I didn't have alot to eat during the day since I was told there was going to be an 11 course meal for dinner. My drink for the night was white wine since it was easy. It hit me pretty quickly. After one I was feeling it, after two.. you could say I was kinda drunk. I think around this time the first or second course was being served... oops. I've been told the multiple Advil I had earlier in the day wouldn't have helped either. I didn't end up eating too much since there was alot of seafood and by the end of the meal I was too drunk to even bother eating. People seemed to be amused that I was the first one drunk. Chris probably wish he wasn't sitting beside me. I know I annoyed him when I kept trying to put heart confetti into his hair.

The night consisted of trying to walk straight, seeing double, and having fun. I managed to catch the bouquet! It came flying at me and landed in my arms. No moving necessary. The flowers are beautiful. That made me happy, and no, I haven't suddenly decided to get married anytime soon! My mom and dad were both freaked out when I told them I caught the bouquet. Apparently they believe in the meaning more than I do.

After catching the bouquet, I was waiting until the lucky guy got to put the garter on my leg. I remember past weddings not wanting to catch the bouquet solely for avoiding this, but drunken jen was amused by this idea. I waited, but it never happened! I guess they didn't know of that tradition. No worries, later that night I enforced it! And of course I made him use his teeth. That's how it's supposed to be done. Apparently I agreed that Greg could take it off later that night, but I don't remember that part! I ended up going to sleep with it on cause it amused me. How silly of me!

We were sent home with ALOT of cookies and cake. That's what we had for breakfast on Sunday. Mmmm cake and cookies. Well, I guess it was more lunchtime by the time I wasn't dizzy any longer and was out of bed. We played some cards, watched baseball and nascar, and I napped later. Very enjoyable weekend.

5 comments:

  1. hehe.. was the guy who caught the garter cute?! and are you sure that poem wasn't from monica? :O and at least in your drunkeness you didn't go up, grab the mike, and sing a little ditty :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I guess the guy was kinda cute!! I'm not sure if I would have enforced it if the guy grossed me out haha.

    Hmm... I'd be okay with that, Monica's cute ;) Matt informed me the poem is from a Backstreet Boys song. Not so romantic now.

    Ohhhh goodness. Just the thought of singing is awful. Rob almost did though! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. .. matt listens to the backstreet boys?

    (hehe, i shouldn't make fun.. i have their first album :P)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't listen to the Backstreet Boys, but I recognized the words from some of the OTHER poems given out, so I searched Google for the lyrics of Jen's and came up with that result.

    Just to reiterate, I DON'T listen to the Backstreet Boys.

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Denial only makes you guiltier Matt!!

    ReplyDelete