Wednesday, April 11, 2007

stay interesting

Last week I went on my very first business trip. I spent a couple days in our Armonk office. Flying is fun so the trip there was great. I flew into La Guardia which amused me since I could see the NYC skyline as well as almost landing on water. I had a driver (with a sign!) waiting for me at baggage. Then he took me to my hotel and I showered since my boss wanted to leave the hotel at 7:15 the next morning. Argh, so early. He admitted sometimes he gets in really early some days and thinks why did i come in this early? He suggested meeting beforehand to grab some breakfast, but i graciously decline. EW breakfast before 7 with my boss? That's too early to deal with.

The Armonk office was nice. It's pretty much in the middle of nowhere, so definitely a change of scenery. It was pretty though. Lots of trees and a river. Accomplished a lot of work and had supper at the hotel with my boss (since it would have been at least a 15 minute drive to a restaurant haha). The hotel reminded me of REV a little. Maybe I'll post a picture later. Oh, I stole two pens (which say stay interesting), some Q-tips to bring to work to clean my keyboard with, and lemongrass soap. I would have taken the shampoo and conditioner but my plastic baggie for liquids I was allowed to bring as carry on was already full.

The flight home wasn't as fun as the flight there. I flew out of Westchester county airport and it was small and crowded and loud. They were horrible at updating the status of my flight so when it was over an hour later leaving it felt like a lot longer. The plane sat no more than 20 people and had propellers. Smallest plane I ever flew on before. It was fine once we got above the clouds. It was amusing since you could see into the cock pit area during the flight. When we got to Toronto we had to drive more than 10 minutes to where we could unload, then there was a shuttle to take us to the Terminal since we were in some weird small plane area. Very irritating. Thankfully I caught a cab quickly and didn't fret over the price since I got to expense it.

I had a pretty quiet Easter Weekend. Went for lunch with my dad and he bought me Entourage Season 3 Part 1. What a great daddy.

In other good news, I managed to somehow pass the most retarded exam I ever wrote! Yay!

Last night we went to Da Gianni and Maria Trattoria that we were supposed to go to a couple weeks ago but happend to be closed for a couple of days. It's a family run Italian restaurant where the husband does the cooking and the wife does the serving. The gnocchi was amazing and so was the tiramisu!

To end, I'll just say: I like shoes.

1 comment: