Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Iron Chef

Today at work I was defending my love for macaroni with butter (okay, and lots of salt). I brought it in for lunch one day and they haven't let it go yet. Alan and Martha both tried it, Alan agreed it's delicious, but Martha was not impressed at all.

Today I came up with a theory of why macaroni with butter is so good. Bread and butter is good, so replace one carb with another and you get macaroni and butter.

Martha was trying to ruin this theory by suggesting other combinations with macaroni that wouldn't work, like say jam and macaroni. Then after she said that she realized that did sound kind of good.

She tried to argue you wouldn't eat bread and butter for supper, but I do. Grandma's toast with butter and a little bit of peanut butter.

This was her next inspiration. I wouldn't eat peanut butter and macaroni. Or so she thought. I think that sounds good. The peanut butter would be all melty and warm. I told her I would try this for breakfast on the weekend, since toast with peanut butter is great for breakfast.

If I enjoy it, this means my theory is correct and she can no longer mock my macaroni and butter.

I've asked other people if they think macaroni with peanut butter would be good, and I've gotten positive responses. Okay... responses, plural, may be exaggerating, but one person did agree it sounds yummy.

Speaking of exaggerating, I've recently been told I act very exaggerated while drunk, but I don't know if me being drunk is really a requirement. Holly just asked if I needed anything sewed because she had to sew on a button and when she said she'd sew on my button for me I got realllly excited. That's just so cool. Thanks again!!!

2 comments:

  1. I don't think macaroni and peanut butter would be bad at all. A bit weird maybe, but certainly not bad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would be yummy! We should try it.

    ReplyDelete