Sunday, June 28, 2009

Fun-filled times

For a few weeks, I had been looking forward to going to the jays game for a work event. Why?? Ohh cause there were 1 dollar hot dogs. My mouth watered on many different occasions leading up to the game. On Tuesday it was finally time. We got there a bit early to get hot dogs in time and still get to our seats for first pitch. Yeah, well, the hot dogs were disgusting. The bread was a bit stale and the texture kind of grossed me out. I hid most of the taste with onions, ketchup and mustard, but overall it was a huge disappointment. And then I realized I had 3 hours of baseball to watch in the 500s. Jer and I made it to the middle of the 7th before deciding it wasn't rude to leave and ended up watching the very end on tv haha.

Wednesday night was much more enjoyable. We went to the symphony for 'Tso goes to the movies'. They were playing famous songs from movies and had a 60 second clip of the movie to go along with it. I loved our seats which were looking down into the symphony. My favourite performance of the night was definitely Singin' in the Rain. They had a guy from broadway come to sing AND he danced. He did a fantastic job. So animated and joyful it made me so happy watching. Other highlights were music from superman, rocky, harry potter, godfather, indiana jones, and I can't even remember all of them, but it was very enjoyable.

Saturday was Chris's birthday party and we went to Jack Astors then back to Chris's for cake and presents. It was a lot of fun seeing everyone and I was happy Chris seemed to like the Leela bobblehead we got him.

And then there was Sobeys. I've been waiting 3 years for this sobeys. There's always been this talk of a sobeys in the neighbourhood. This friday it came to be. Jer and I went at 8:30am on their opening day and just wandered the store so happy to have such a great variety right across the street. We went back several times this weekend and each time was a happy time. Tonight we picked up a piece of pork tenderloin and some snow peas and um. wow. It was damn good. We made a honey-mustard dijon sauce to go with it and all I know is I plan on having more pork tenderloin in the future! For dessert I made blueberry upside-down cupcakes and they were also delicious. A great way to end a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment