Friday, September 08, 2006

Fido

OMG!! Last night was incredible!!! I'm still not over how great it was. For my first time going to the film festival, it couldn't have been more perfect.

Yesterday was the start of the Toronto Film festival, and Matt and I went to the Canada First! opener and saw Fido. We went about an hour before the start time because I was told lines get really crazy and I saw no good reason not to go early. It worked out well because we had lots of choice when we got into the theatre so we had great seats.

We had no idea who might show up so it was an amazing surprise to discover everyone came!! The producer, the writers, the major cast including Carrie-Anne Moss, Billy Connolly, Dylan Baker to name a few. They introduced everyone and talked about the film. It was so cool!

Honestly, choosing this film was pretty random. I would read parts of the descriptions of the movies and quickly put it on my list of possibilities or reject it. I thought it would be cool to see a Canadian movie and once I read "pet zombie", I was amused! I sent Matt the link kinda as a joke while still sort of wanting to see it. He was also amused and it slowly joined the must see list. For a random movie which we knew very little about... it turned out to be extremely funny! I really enjoyed it. If it comes out on DVD I would buy it in an instant.

Afterwards they had a Q&A session and one part was Billy Conolly talking about how it was like acting as a Zombie. He was entertaining. He was talking about Situational Fashionists. He gave an example of this of when you are on a plane coming back from Mexico wearing a sombraro and you think, What was I thinking??!! He explained that he was in Scotland a few days ago so at the time his plaid pants and tux like jacket made sense but that he was currently feeling the "what was I thinking?!" regret hehe.

1 comment:

  1. Wicked!! That is soooo cool. Can't wait to hear about Sandra's film.

    ReplyDelete