Friday, September 15, 2006

Infamous

I GOT TO SEE SANDRA BULLOCK!!!!!!!!!!!! She looked so pretty!!! Eeeeeee!! Okay, I have that out of my system... at least for now ;)

Tonight was the North American Premiere of Douglas McGrath's Infamous. It was exciting because It was a TIFF's prestigious Gala event at Roy Thomson Hall. Matt and I lined up fairly early in hopes of getting good seats. It looked like we had succeeded until closer to start time when swarms of Priority Seating people kept going in. A TIFF volunteer came by asking if we wanted to upgrade our tickets to the main floor seating. Without it, we could have gotten either the main floor, or the balcony. It seemed like a good idea so we went for it. We got a little worried if it was the right choice after seeing how many Priority Seating people there were.

While waiting to get in we saw fancy cars drive in and I got to see a few glimpses of Sandra!!! giving autographs. Yay Sandra!!! The crowd was totally there for her. They were a little excited for other actors but went crazzy when Sandra showed up =) That's cause Sandra's awesome.

So finally we got in and luckily the upgrade didn't fail us. I was very happy with our seats. We were in the middle of the theatre with a great view of the screen.

Finally it was show time!! Douglas McGrath was there and talked about the movie and he was very excited and passionate about the movie. After hearing what he tried to accomplish made me really happy to be seeing this movie. Then it was time to introduce the cast! You didn't think I was satisfied with seeing glimpses of Sandra from the distance were you??!! I got to see Sandra on stage!! It was so awesome! I felt like a little kid at Disney World seeing Belle or Cinderella *lol* Throughout the movie I would randomly think "eeeeee I got to see Sandra Bullock!!!!!" then forced myself to concentrate on the movie once again =)

So the movie was about Truman Capote (played by Toby Jones who was also there!) during the time of his life while he was researching his book In Cold Blood. It was an excellent movie. I thought it was very well done. It highlighted his good and bad times nicely, had a lot of funny parts, and made you feel for him. I'm curious to see Capote to see another writer/director's take and will probably see it at some point but I'm not sure how soon I will be ready to watch it. Right now I'm more interested in seeing Infamous again. The movie also makes me want to read In Cold Blood. I think that's pretty impressive.

Yay for Sandra being in another great movie. She did an amazing job and I hope people agree. There are talks that Infamous is an Oscar hopeful which is extremely cool. I hope it does well. I guess I'll have to read some reviews tomorrow to see if other people agree.

1 comment:

  1. Speaking of movies, they are going to make a movie about Ayn Rand's ALTLAS SHRUGGED!!!!!

    Angelina Jolie as Dagney and the other actors mentioned are Robert Redford (more than likely as John Galt... considering the red hair and all), Clint Eastwood (maybe as Hank?), and Faye Dunaway so far. I wonder who is going to play Francisco?

    ReplyDelete