Tuesday, January 31, 2006

The Escape

Sunday night, Ryan and I were having another couple games of speed (I won of course!) while Rosencrantz was running around in his ball on the floor. I either put him back in his cage when he stops moving around, or when I'm going to bed. While we were playing, it got quiet, so I thought I should check on him to see if he wants back in. Nope, the little bugger escaped his ball and was running around on the floor!! Thankfully I found him relatively soon after he got out or it would have been alot harder to find him.


Last night Ang and I went to a couple of info sessions. It wasn't to get free stuff. It's not like we already have jobs or anything. First was EY. They had subs and pop. Not bad. I was really upset that I didn't get a pen though. Who doesn't bring enough pens to an info session? So not impressed. I am not applying there anymore. Next we went to the University Club for the Principal Financial info session. You know what's great about the University Club?? Free Alchohol! What I learned at the info session: Iowa only has corn and pigs. I mean doesn't only have. right... Ang won a t-shirt for knowing (remember from the info session last term) that Winnipeg was the closest major Canadian City to Des Moines. They had yummy finger food including fruit, veggies and dip, chicken fingers, other fried goodness. I was very impressed with Angela. When one of the workers was picking up the discarded plates, she convinced him to bring us drinks! She's pro at these things. Overall it seemed like a decent company, and If I could bear working in Iowa, I'd apply there.

No comments:

Post a Comment